My Photo
Name:
Location: NC, United States

Josh and I were married in December 2005 and our sweet little Emma Grace was born in November 2006. She has brought much excitement and joy to our life. We have another little girl, Ellie Joy, due in early October. We can't wait to meet this precious angel! Josh is the Pastor of Students and Evangelism at a local church and I am a fourth grade teacher at a local school. We love our life!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Lessons From Above

The Liberty group did an absolutely wonderful job last week. I was so blessed and privileged to have them come and work with me. I think that their being here did more good encouraging me than anything else. I grew closer to those students and their leader in 7 days than I have with those I have spent the last 7 months doing the same type of "work" with. I cannot remember the last time that I laughed as much as I did this past week. It was absolutely wonderful. My heart and soul are encouraged and even more charged for the next 3 1/2-4 months I have here. They built relationships with more of my students and helped the ones that I have formed to grow even stronger.

Our Father above is teaching me a great deal in every area of my life. One of the greatest lessons, which I think we all know but until we really experience both ways we don't understand the importance...being one with who we are ministering. These last seven months have been difficult for me in the sense that there has been no one here that I can "really" talk to. I have learned to rely on our Father above like never before...yes, I should rely on Him all the time and talk to him regularly which I did/do. But it takes on a new meaning when all around you are people who you may be like minded with but no one in whom you can truly confide in. I have a wonderful fiancé, wonderful parents and friends but it is very difficult for them to truly understand until they are here in the middle of it...it is difficult for me to even describe. Thankfully, there is One who is...there is One who understands it all and walks with me each day through all the muck, the mire, the frustrations and hurts and better yet, He is there to celebrate with me as students begin seeking and asking questions or when one comes unto Him. He is the greatest support that I have and I think for the first time in my life I have been able to truly rely on and trust in Him. It is so easy to rely on others and it is truly wonderful to have someone in the flesh to listen and to speak to you audibly, and to give you a hug but that is just a gift from above…it should not be the norm in our lives. Not until we begin to truly rely on Him and take Him as our best friend in the entire world will we begin to grow and minister to others as He desires us to.

What are your motives? Are you one with whom you are ministering? Are you relying on and trusting in Him with all of your heart, mind, and soul? Is He your best friend?

All that preaching to say that our Father gave me a great and wonderful gift when He gave me six new friends last week who were all on the same page in “the work”. I am so thankful.

Continue to think about all of us here and the work that is going one. As of now, I am planning to have a few students over Sunday evening for Easter dinner and sharing of the Easter story. I think we might dye some eggs and ice some Easter cookies for a little fun…in the midst of all that my goal is to share about the “new life”! I am a little nervous and have no clue as to how I will do it or what I will say. Think with me that He will speak through me and give me just the words to say. I am also searching for five Purpose Driven books written in Mandarin to begin a study with a few of my girls. As of now there are three that I am planning on having in my home each week…the number five is on my heart so I am searching for the other two that He would have me to invite. I am hoping to hear from a book store in HK within the next week about getting the books.

He is at work…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home