My Photo
Name:
Location: NC, United States

Josh and I were married in December 2005 and our sweet little Emma Grace was born in November 2006. She has brought much excitement and joy to our life. We have another little girl, Ellie Joy, due in early October. We can't wait to meet this precious angel! Josh is the Pastor of Students and Evangelism at a local church and I am a fourth grade teacher at a local school. We love our life!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

He is Alive and at Work!!!

As I am preparing for Easter Sunday and my meeting…I am continually reminded of what HE has done for me and how He continues to bless me in the most amazing ways whether that be through the lessons he has taught me or through people He has brought into my life. I am so undeserving of all that He has so richly blessed me with. As I look back just over this last year of my life (not to mention the last 23+ years) I am simply in awe as He has continually proven Himself faithful when I have been so faithless. His ways are far better than my ways and His thoughts than my thoughts. He is mysterious and unpredictable yet He is Almighty and Sovereign!

Most of my Saturday has been spent thinking about the girls coming over tomorrow night and a creative way to share with them the new life that He offers us. So…today I went on a search for plants…I wanted something small, pretty, and spring looking for them to put in their dorm rooms. I wanted them to be able to look at it and remember the “new life” that is freely offered to us if only we will accept. All I could find were big potted plants that weren’t so “springy”. I have been kind of bummed about them but then while I took a walk to get a coke a few minutes ago (in my pig house shoes—I was so embarrassed) our Father spoke to me ever so clearly. The plants have red blooms all over them and to me…they look more like Christmas than Spring but He said “Lacey, not only are these plants to remind them of the ‘new life’ but these blooms are to remind them of the blood that was shed just for them”. Bam…right between the eyes! As I am typing this, He is speaking to me about what to share and how to share it…I’ve got to find a little hardware store tomorrow…my Easter lunch might have to wait until next year.

I had already invited three students to my house…two of whom I have been working with and who are very interested and one who is a family member. But all day long our Father has been impressing upon my heart that I need to invite another girl, Connie. I have not been listening to Him because I didn’t/don’t want to invite her, she is a member of the SU and in my eyes…especially right now…that is risky. But the more I fight Him the more He impresses it upon my heart so…I just invited her (as I have been typing this) and she is coming. There were four plants when I went to the store today and I bought all four of them…hoping one would be mine…doesn’t look like it will be any more!! :)

The girls are supposed to come about 5pm Sunday night (4am Eastern, 3am Central). If any of you happen to be up about that time or are woken up then, please get on your knees!! If not you can “think” throughout your Saturday. One of the girls, who I have been working with, just sent me a text message asking me what we talk about and what we say to each other on Easter…I told her we could talk about that tomorrow and she is excited! He is moving!!!
I hope and “think” that I will have a wonderful Easter story to share with you in the days to come!!!

He Is RISEN!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home